We Are Copywriters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are Copywriters

Intimate forum for beginner, intermediate, and experienced writers whose goal is skillful, lucrative transition into freelance professional copywriting.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My introduction to the group

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My introduction to the group Empty My introduction to the group Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:33 am

Eve D.

Eve D.

Hi Everyone!!

I’m so glad to be part of this support group because lately its been difficult to focus on learning and writing by myself.  I feel reality has set in, I’ve had some fun and now want to focus more on writing.  

A little background on me…I attended CAL State Northridge as a Journalism Major while working as an intern correspondent at a small newspaper in Burbank called the Burbank Breeze.  Unfortunately both were short lived because my husband at the time and I divorced. Being a single Mom I had to find a job!  I worked at Lockheed Aircraft in Burbank and after they closed that facility and moved to Georgia I found myself looking for another job.  Luckily, soon after I joined an IT staffing company as an Account Manager and met the love of my life and married him in 2001.  At almost the same time, his company was bought out by another company in the Pacific Northwest and we made the decision to relocate from California so he could keep his job.  I quit my job at the IT staffing company, he sold his house, we got married,  honeymooned, packed up and we’ve been here ever since.  Whirlwind, right!  I got a job as an Analyst with AT&T in Redmond after a couple of months of setting up house and, to make a longer story shorter, retired from there in 2013.   Definitely needing some R and R, I ‘played’ for the next 1.5 years which was great fun. Some of my retired friends don’t understand this, but I soon realized ‘playing’ wasn’t enough (and needing some extra cash), so I researched writing schools and courses online and found AWAI.  

One of my goals is to reconstruct a website I started earlier this year.  Another is to complete the Accelerated Program, and last but not least get a book published that my Dad wrote before he died.  

As an aside, I haven’t known many ‘Eve’s’ through the years and now there are two of us in this group!  Yay!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday!

Eve D.

2My introduction to the group Empty Hi Eve Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am

Colemanallme

Colemanallme

Hope you are having a grand holiday!

Yes, life does have it's twists and turns.  I do believe in using every aspect of your life, for the next adventure. Most of the twists and turns that we encountered helps us to get through the next hurdle, so the ride ahead is less bumpy.  It is pretty cool that you are a journalist, I love writing.  I have written a book as well, now , it just needs to be published.  At this point not sure which publisher to work with.  I hear word press is good to use, (don't have a clue how to put up a website though). cheers  Looks like I'll save that for the IT GUYS. Now, I  am working on the Accelerated Program, The Travel Writers Program, and my Certified Wedding Planning. Sounds like a lot but I love the challenge, and like to learn.

P.S. Glad you are with our group and have a wonderful holiday santa

Mella

3My introduction to the group Empty Hi Mella! Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:19 pm

Eve D.

Eve D.

Thank you so much for your kind words. Sometimes life is a struggle but I believe there is always something better just around the corner. I've always had a good outlook on life...think I got that from my mother!

Good luck with your book! Can you say what it's about? My Dad worked on his book for years and it was rejected time and again. As I said above one of my goals is to get it published whether I do it myself or with a publisher. At least my sisters and I would then have one of my Dad's legacies to hold onto physically. I was quite surprised that he had written a Western set in the mid to late 1800's!

Happy New Year!

Eve D.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum