We Are Copywriters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are Copywriters

Intimate forum for beginner, intermediate, and experienced writers whose goal is skillful, lucrative transition into freelance professional copywriting.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Checking In

+2
jearlesred
Jill Arnel
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Checking In Empty Checking In Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:29 pm

Jill Arnel

Jill Arnel
Admin

How are all of you? I hope we're not dropping off the map. Haven't heard from most of the group in ages!

I finally re-sent my direct mail sales letter and am slogging through my WordPress course. It's pretty long, but I'm 90% done and about to resume after I post this. My progress has been inch-by-inch, and my site will need much adjustment. I've found it AMAZING how much of this course has to do with anti-SPAM and anti-hacking. Times have changed.

This week, besides going to the big dog show and collecting business cards and practicing an "elevator speech" of sorts, I'll probably look at the canned Boot Camp I purchased. I also have plenty of books and other reading material-- plus a course on how to publish a Kindle book-- which includes some stuff on formatting, which will be useful for sure.

AWAI sure stuffs your inbox. YIKES.

Question: How advantageous is it to post on one's web site that you're AWAI-trained?

From rainy Oregon-- as Eve Heidi often closes,
Kind regards,
Jill jocolor

https://wearecopywriters.forumotion.com

2Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:33 am

jearlesred

jearlesred

Hey Jill!
I'm reading the middle section of part 3 today. I've decided to write about the Basketball Yoga product. I've also embarked on the Money-Making Website course, which is taking up a lot of time too. Yes, I agree, AWAI does bombard your inbox!

Here is a link to a free ebook about WordPress - I haven't read it yet, but it's free!

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUYYVZQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I went ahead and resubmitted my Restaurant Letter - the reviewer said it looked good.

Jenn

3Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:05 pm

Colemanallme

Colemanallme

Hi, Jill

I really thought by now I'd be feeling better. (not writers block,-needed to take more time away).
Next week looks promising. Jill did you get a chance to look at skill crush? Hope everyone is doing well.

4Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Jill Arnel

Jill Arnel
Admin

Mella,
I have not checked out skill crush. I think I have an over-abundance of study materials at this point. A trip to the big Portland dog show netted a few prospective clients, but a computer crash set me back a bit.

I took a spiral notebook and tabbed 7 sections for my 8 prospects. Two or three are really promising, even after my kind of amateur "elevator talks." Still terrified. Now that my computer is fixed, thanks to my husband who always knows what to do, I can examine their web sites and see if I can't pick up any ideas.

Went swimming to clear my head. After a phone call, I will get back to taking notes on these businesses. Then I get to walk my dog. Very weird weather. Snowing back east but it's like SIXTY DEGREES and not raining here. . .

I'll look at skill crush in a spare (whazzat?) moment. Feel better soon!

Hugs,
Jill

5Checking In Empty Checking In Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Eve D.

Eve D.

Hi Jill,

I'm totally immersed in the Money Making Website class doing a lot of research, reading and trying to pick a topic that will attract readers to my website. Its so important to include the right keywords to draw those readers and I've kinda been making myself crazy over it. My research has been on Google Adwords, KeywordSpy.com, WordTracker, Springwise.com, Reddit.com, Semrush.com and others. I also want to create a WordPress website which will take time as you know. What source did you use to create your website? This week, Nick Usborne will discuss website Platform and Domain name.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a really beautifully sunny (but cold) day here in Redmond, WA.today. Hoping for more of the same but snow is forecast for next Sunday. We have friends in Washington D.C. and they are not doing so well. They can't get their front door open because there's so much snow.

Eve D.

6Checking In Empty I'm Still Here ... Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

SKL10

SKL10

But I think I need some help with my settings!! Admittedly, I've been distracted but I haven't been getting any emails notifying me of posts to the group. I thought I had it all marked to get notified. Any suggestions of how my settings should be to get the notifications. Thanks so much. I'm sorry to be so silent. I'm trying to figure how to fix that.

7Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:54 pm

Ryan Stevens

Jill,

I'm still here as well. I'm with SKL10; I haven't been getting any notifications, either.

I haven't done as much lately, but right now I'm working on Joshua's Getting Clients Roadmap course.

8Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:25 am

SKL10

SKL10

I got notification of Ryan's post. I think that's the first one I've ever gotten since joining this new format. I still think I have some setting wrong somewhere.

I'm taking the Ultimate Accelerated Copywriting Companion Series. Yesterday was week 2. I also bought the Getting Clients Roadmap, but I'm going to hold off on it until closer the end of these 10 weeks. The other thing I'm working is a plan for the next 12-24 months with my copywriting business. I'll share it along the way - bit by bit - for comments and reality checks. I love you

9Checking In Empty Jill Re: of WordPress Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:47 am

Colemanallme

Colemanallme

Hi, Jill how are you coming along with Wordpress? Have you built you website yet? I would love some pointers on what you think about it. My son is in the eleventh grade and he is taking game design. I just purchased the software he needed and will be going through the program with him. One of my first coding classes taken, was in high school. It was a lot of fun, let me know how word press is going Mella,

P.S. I have fallen behind a bit, and will catch up. What is exercise 7? in Accelerated Program?

10Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:19 pm

Jill Arnel

Jill Arnel
Admin

Hi, Mella--
Working on it and studying web content and SEO. My energies are a little dispersed these days. Not sure what Exercise 7 is. (I guess we could look it up.) Hope you're feeling better.

I'm still somewhat challenged WordPress-wise, but it's going a lot better, and little by little I'm picking up stuff. I am having a hard time with some log ins today, but I think that after I walk my dog, I'll contact SiteGround, and they can probably help me some. . .

Definitely behind in terms of content. I have a fair amount of temporary stuff up, but if you go here: Purebred Copywriter Portfolio, I have posted a couple of samples. I obviously need more.

Sandra-- I'm not so sure about the notifications thing either. I checked that I wanted to receive them, but I'm not always informed. Just sometimes.

Best,
Jill

Last edited by Jill Arnel on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link problem)

11Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Colemanallme

Colemanallme

bounce Hey Jill,

(yes!) Feeling much better and back in the game, and ready to roll. Jill, (found) everything I need. I will look at your site soon.
Thanks for your concern.
Mella bounce

12Checking In Empty Re: Checking In Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:44 pm

SKL10

SKL10

Hi Jill,

I've gotten a couple notices in the last couple days. Maybe, it was just everyone being inactive, including me, because of the holidays. Now everyone is crawling out from winter hibernation. Yes, I know it's still winter but Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an early spring.

I am plugging along on the Accelerated Copywriting Companion Series. I am really glad that I made 2 decisions: 1) to buy the accelerated course, and 2) to check out AWAI in the first place.

I also was on the web-writing webinar with Nick Usborne tonight. Another great 2-hours. Bit by bit, the pieces are coming together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum