We Are Copywriters

Intimate forum for beginner, intermediate, and experienced writers whose goal is skillful, lucrative transition into freelance professional copywriting.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finding your niche

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Finding your niche on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:27 am

Hi All!
I'm relatively new to the course and still working on identifying my niche - as I think many of you are. With a background in journalism, non-profits, and women's studies (and my personal experience with healthcare), I am thinking I would like to work primarily with either women's non-profits or women's health. However, these fields are still very broad. Women's non-profits could be anything from NOW to a local women's shelter. Women's health could be a women's hospital, a program dedicated to women, or alternative health - products like supplements, etc. And, in some ways the two categories overlap. What are you niches? How do you choose?

View user profile

2 Re: Finding your niche on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:24 pm

My niches are Health and Wellness and Outdoor Recreation, which I'm combining into one. I chose it based on my knowledge in that area. I'm not an expert, but I know many of the ins-and-outs of what people are looking for in them and anything I don't know, I can research, since that is a strength of mine. I can also read about it for hours on end and not get bored, so that helps.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum