We Are Copywriters

Intimate forum for beginner, intermediate, and experienced writers whose goal is skillful, lucrative transition into freelance professional copywriting.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Wall Street Journal Letter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Wall Street Journal Letter on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:50 pm

It was such a pleasure to read this letter 10 times because it was so well-written.

After reading it for the first time, I wanted to subscribe!

I noticed that the version of this Letter in the Accelerated Program is different from the one in the Hall of Fame. I like the version in the Accelerated Program better.

I've hand-copied it once so far -- will probably finish copying tomorrow.

Anyone have any comments on The WSJ Letter?

In any event, now you know where I am in the Program.

Kind regards,

Eve Heidi

View user profile

2 WSJ letter on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Eve Heidi--
Yes it was good. My personal favorite was Fly Fisherman. I ended up ordering a subscription for my older son. To me it was THAT effective.
Jill santa

View user profile http://wearecopywriters.forumotion.com

3 WSJ Letter on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:20 am

Yes, I enjoyed this letter as well (although my favorite was also the Fly Fisherman!). To me, it was the work of getting the "big idea" across to the intended audience. For potential WSJ readers, it was the notion that some people have "knowledge" - applicable, trustworthy knowledge - and some people don't. That is what WSJ is offering. If you search the AWAI article archives for "Big Idea," there's a great article by Will Newman that is very informative.

View user profile

4 WSJ Letter on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:25 am

Thank you, jearlesred, for the referral to the "Big Idea" article by Will Newman. I'll look it up right now.

Kind regards,

Eve Heidi

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum