We Are Copywriters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We Are Copywriters

Intimate forum for beginner, intermediate, and experienced writers whose goal is skillful, lucrative transition into freelance professional copywriting.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello everyone

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:02 am

Colemanallme

Colemanallme

cheers

Hello everyone, This is Mella Coleman. It took me a minute to figure out the site. I have been very busy working on the Accelerated Program, and The Travel Writer Program. During this time I am also taking a course IN Wedding Planning. SO right now my plate is full. I have two children in virtual charter school. Well, enough about that, as for the Accelerated Program I am on Part two and exercise 5. I have marked my calendar for time in the morning for an hour to write for both programs. But seem to write more at night then in the morning. Lately I have been a spur of the moment writer. In my younger school days, I entered a lot of poetry contests I always won.

For the past year or so I have been working as a customer service rep, part-time. I worked with T-Mobile, and Agero Roadside Assistance, were a few of my clients. Most of my background was in the medical field. I was a medical assistant, and gave injections to patients, and also was a phlebotomist. One of the jobs I loved the most was teaching, I taught K-12 education. Four years ago I was in a car accident, and did not know I had a permanent injury to my back. That is why I just decided to work at home. I loved it at first, but I hated the rude customers. I have written a book, that took me five years to finish, and some poetry I have written over the years. I have started a second book, (plan on finishing that in about 6months. I have also written songs, and plan on adding the notes to a score notation.

There is no way, I would ever go back to the workforce, now my writing is really important to me. Once I complete the Accelerated Program, and The Travel Writing Program. I plan on working creating my greeting card website.

P.S. I would put my first greeting card here, but not sure of the security of the website. Hope everyone will have a great Holiday, Merry Christmas to everyone!

2Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 am

jmcoon3132

jmcoon3132

Hi Colemanallme, pleased to meet you. I just started par 2 today. Sounds like you'r biting off a lot more than "I" would care to.. I am having a hard time getting through the exercises. I'm trying to stay focused, but it is very difficult for me. I find it helpfull to keep very organized, and log what I work on each day.. here are some notes I took today:

12/21/15 : Monday
Today I through the end of Part 1
Started Part 2, and read through page 12
took a break, and went through exercise 3 (am I the only one who hates these things?)
every time I try to do one I get through about 2 readings and I find myself falling asleep. “Not conducive to learning I think.” Now I find myself drowsy, and having difficulty focusing.

3Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello Everyone Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Jill Arnel

Jill Arnel
Admin

Colemanallme wrote:cheers

Hello everyone,  This is Mella Coleman.  It took me a minute to figure out the site. I have been very busy working on the Accelerated Program, and The Travel Writer Program.  During this time I am also taking a course IN Wedding Planning. SO right now my plate is full.  I have two children in virtual charter school.  Well, enough about that, as for the Accelerated Program I am on Part two and exercise 5. I have marked my calendar for time in the morning for an hour to write for both programs.  But seem to write more at night then in the morning.  Lately I have been a spur of the moment writer.  In my younger school days, I entered a lot of poetry contests I always won.  
<snip>

There is no way, I would ever go back to the workforce, now my writing is really important to me. Once I complete the Accelerated Program, and The Travel Writing Program. I plan on working  creating my greeting card website.

P.S. I would put my first greeting card here, but not sure of the security of the website. Hope everyone will have a great Holiday, Merry Christmas to everyone!
So glad you made it, Mella! I love your screen name that ends with ALLME! Very clever. You've had quite an eclectic career. I've dabbled in poetry and in my youth did a little songwriting and performing, which sort of faded after I had my two sons.

Wedding planning can be pretty lucrative. People pretty much let their budgets go. In fact, my younger son and his fiancee-- poor things are vacationing in Jamaica where her mother came from-- are opting to ELOPE and spend whatever money they save on a trip to Japan instead.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use this forum, too. I thought I posted something last night, but-- alas-- there is no evidence of it.) 

As far as security goes, I believe it's pretty safe and not easily hacked. It's one of the reasons they have recommended we turn HTML off and use something called BBCode, which operates similarly but is more secure. I have set We Are Copywriters set up as a private and hidden forum. It's just the twelve of us, and no one would even know how to crash it unless we revealed ourselves, which I'm not about to do. But it's always a question of YOUR comfort. 

More later. Have to walk the dog, study, meditate-- thanks, Ryan Stevens, for the YouTube you posted. Three hours of calming meditation music will come in handy.
I've also been incorporating some of the feedback I've received from several group members on my direct sales letter, lift note, and order device, which I am planning to submit to AWAI for review within the next several days.

Happy Solstice. Merry Christmas. 
Best,
Jill rendeer

https://wearecopywriters.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum